Over the weekend, the New Zealand Government launched a Vaping Facts website which is aimed at providing smokers with the information they need to switch from smoking to vaping.
The verdict: 10/10
The website contains unbiased information on the merits of vaping as a pathway to quitting smoking all together.
Topics covered on the website include:
• The effectiveness of vaping versus other quit-smoking methods
• The relative harm, nicotine strength, feel and cost of smoking versus vaping
• Tips to succeed at making the switch from smoking to vaping
• What vape to get to help you quit
• Side effects and risks of vaping
• How to help others make the switch to vaping from cigarettes
• Vaping during pregnancy
• Other support options available to help you make the switch from smoking to vaping
Of course, for us here in Australia we’re at a loss as to why the Australian government is so against vaping when our brothers and sisters on the other side of the Tasman Sea get the full support of their government. Yet so they should, considering there’s now over 60 scientific studies that demonstrates vaping is less harmful than smoking, or an effective way to quit all together.
Perhaps it’s time to move to NZ.